Re: Backup/Restore

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Backup/Restore
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
kenp wrote:
> Does this imply that pgAdmin picks up a single version of pg_dump and
> pg_restore?
>
> For example, I have PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and 8.2beta2 installed on my
> machine. I presume the version of pg_dump and pg_restore for each of
> these PostgreSQL versions is different. When I select a database on a
> server, does pgAdmin pick up the verison of pg_dump and pg_restore
> appropriate to that PostgreSQL version?

No, it builds a search path and uses the first copies it finds. It
differs on Windows, Unix and Mac, but on Windows it will first look in
the directory that pgAdmin.exe is in, then in any directory that might
be specified by the most recent installation of PostgreSQL (from
pgInstaller), and finally will fall back to the normal %PATH%.

The important thing is to make sure you use the most recent pg_dump as
they're backwards compatible. pgAdmin is always released with the most
recent stable versions - and if you have a pgInstaller based
installation, then of course you already have appropriate version.

Regards, Dave