Re: Integrating Replication into Core

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Dimitri,

Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> So you still only have your laptop as 'development facility' ?

Yes.

> At dalibo we have a couple of machines we're not using anymore, partly because
> we don't have a need for them nowadays, mainly because it's end-of-life
> hardware, not that trusty.
>
> It's some bi pentium III, 2*700MHz, 1Go RAM, 2 ide disks (20Go system and
> either 20Go or 120Go data), and two 100Mbps network card per machine.
> Direct link should be possible to setup.

Thank you very much. But I think two machines is not quite enough. :-(

Having a whole cluster emulated on my laptop allows me to work on the
road. That's a very nice thing (tm). And the emulated machines are
probably already faster than PIIIs... (Memory is the limiting factor,
unfortunately I can't stuff more than 2GB in my laptop.)

Regards

Markus