Re: Could not find your PostgreSQL installation

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Could not find your PostgreSQL installation
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using kubuntu where I've installed the postgresql using apt-get (8.1), and
> now I'm trying to compile pgadmin but I got this error while
> running ./configure:
> Could not find your PostgreSQL installation in /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1
>
> I guess my postgresql directory should be /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1, that
> contains:
> luca@fluca:/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1]$ ls -l
> totale 2
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  816 2006-11-17 18:33 bin
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1936 2006-11-17 18:33 lib
>
> I tried running ./configure with the --with-pgsql, specifying the above
> directory but nothing changed. I took a look at the configure script and
> found that the above message is echoed when pg_config is not found, and I
> cannot find it on my system. Do I have to install a specific package to get
> this program? How can I compile pgadmin?

pgAdmin won't look in that directory at all by default, so I can only
assume the Kubuntu packager has modified the pgAdmin build system in
some way - you may need to speak to him/her...

However, the message is telling you that it's looking for pg_config from
PostgreSQL 8.1 in /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1 - if that program is not on
your system then either the package you installed is broken, or it
wasn't actually PostgreSQL 8.1. If it is on your system but elsewhere,
then try using --with-pgsql=/path/to/dir/that/pg_config/is/in/

Regards, Dave.