Re: Can somebody help me on adding so file

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Can somebody help me on adding so file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ujang Sutisna wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem with my postgre.
> I'm trying to port my postgre database from redhat to suse as experimental
> research. I have 1 .so file cause I'm using the postgres UUID project. The
> problem is how to add new shared object to the postgre on linux SUSE. Is
> there any way that I can add new library to the postgre lib on linux SUSE.
>
> thanks.

I am not sure how portable libs are between redhat and suse - you may
need to recompile the .so file on your suse machine. What version of
redhat and suse?

If you are just unsure of the commands to use then you will need to give
some more information - are you trying to CREATE FUNCTION....? or
something else?

What steps have you tried so far and what errors have you got?

Is the .so file readable by the same user that is running PostgreSQL?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz