Re: Edit grid: quirk in boolean fields

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Edit grid: quirk in boolean fields
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>
> Testing RC1. Client is Win XP. Server is Debian Sarge.
>
> I have come across a peculiar effect while editing boolean fields. With
> other fields, if you want to discard your changes while editing a field,
> you hit <esc> and the original value is back (as long as you haven't
> saved yet). Not so with boolean fields. Pressing <esc> leaves yields
> seemingly random results.
> One of the most peculiar show cases:
> I click with the mouse. Value is TRUE.
> 1st click only sets the focus.
> 2nd click --> NULL
> 3rd click --> FALSE
> 4th click --> TRUE (again)
> If I hit <esc> now, I end up with FALSE (!). That wouldn't be by design,
> would it?

Probably not :-). I've committed a change which modifies the behaviour
such that simply clicking on the cell no longer cycles the value - it
now just displays the checkbox which must be explicitly clicked to
change the value. <ESC> now seems to do what is required, and I believe
this also has the side effect of curing the other inconsistency you
reported previously.

Thanks, Dave.