Re: A request about pgAdmin

От Dave Page
Тема Re: A request about pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Igor Kozlov wrote:
> Dear pgAdmin developers,
>
> First of all I would like to express my gratitude for the very fine
> product that you have made.
> I have downloaded the last pgAdmin 1.6 RC1 and I am pleased to see many
> good changes.
>
> I apply to you just to ask about one thing that I thought would be nice
> to have in pgAdmin.
>
> It's all about View filtered rows feature.
> I have applied a filter to my table and changed values in some rows.
> Then I found out that pgAdmin has altered all the rows in spite of the
> applied filter (Not only those that were shown on the screen).
> I find it confusing and therefore I take a liberty to write this mail
> to you.
> In my opinion it would be nice if pgAdmin could change the values in
> the rows taking into account the applied filter.

pgAdmin will only alter the rows that you edit so the filter will always  be effective.... that said, I did fix a bug
inRC1 yesterday that

might have caused additional rows to be affected *if* your table has
OIDs and a primary key, and the primary key has at least one column in
position 3 or higher. Apologies if that one caught you.

Regards, Dave.