Re: Uninstalling on Mac OS X 10.4

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Uninstalling on Mac OS X 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stan Horwitz wrote:
> A few months ago, I installed Postgress 8 on my Mac to test some
> software that required it. My testing is done and I need to remove
> Postgress now, but I cannot find any information on how to do it. All I
> can find is the original package files, but nothing about unstalling it.
> I saw in some online forums that some people install Postgress by using
> Fink. I did not do that; I simply clicked on the package icon in the
> folder and I did what it told me to do and it worked fine. So what's the
> secret to remove Postgress now?

The first step is to locate where the package installed the files -
default would be /usr/local/pgsql for the main binaries and data and the
startup script will be in /Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL

The startup script will contain the binary and data directories paths.
prefix= will be the binary dir and PGDATA= for the data dir which is
most likely inside the binary dir.

Adjust the following paths if it is installed elsewhere.
If you use the terminal enter
sudo rm -R /usr/local/pgsql
sudo rm -R /Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL

or in the finder select Go To Folder from the Go menu and enter
/usr/local and delete the pgsql folder from there then goto
/Library/StartupItems and delete the PostgreSQL folder.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz