Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu  ("Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Also, I've changed the default date style to "ISO" (not just in
>> time for Y2K, but we'll be ready for "Y3K").

> I think we need a consensus on this.  I think this may be a problem for
> some people.  Comments?

Good point.  Perhaps there should be a way to select the default date
style at configure or initdb time.  I don't mind if the "default default"
is ISO, but if I had apps that were dependent on the old default setting
I'd sure be annoyed by this change...

Has anyone thought much about the fact that beginning next year,
heuristics to guess which field is the year will become nearly useless?
Quick, when is '01/02/03'?  I suspect a lot of people who got away with
not thinking hard about datestyles will suddenly realize that they need
to set the default datestyle to whatever they are accustomed to using.