Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've just committed changes to "reunify" the date/time types.
> "timestamp" and "interval" are now the two primary date/time types for
> users. Also, I've changed the default date style to "ISO" (not just in
> time for Y2K, but we'll be ready for "Y3K").

I think we need a consensus on this.  I think this may be a problem for
some people.  Comments?
test=> create table x ( y date);CREATEtest=> insert into x values ('02/01/99');INSERT 18697 1test=> select * from x;
y      ------------ 02-01-1999(1 row)test=> set datestyle to 'iso';SET VARIABLEtest=> select * from x;     y
------------1999-02-01(1 row)

Pennsylvania19026