Re: data transfer/migrate from win to linux

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: data transfer/migrate from win to linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>  After looking for a way to transfer PostgreSQL/PostGIS data from windowsXP
> to linux (Ubuntu 7.10), I did not find it.
>  Please, does anyone know an easy way or free tool for it.

Are pg_dump/pg_restore somehow insufficient for your needs?
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/backup.html)

You'll have to dump your database to a file, transfer said file to
your linux server, and then restore the database (I don't think you
can directly pipe the output, but I could be wrong). You'll also have
to make sure that PostGIS is installed on the linux side, but this
should work modulo any major version discrepancies.

If you run into an error while doing this, let us know.

Peter