Re: Configure pg_hba.conf

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: Configure pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A few notes. postgres looks through pg_hba.conf until it finds the
*first* entry that matches and tries to authenticate and connect using
that method. There's no fallback, so order of entries is important.

If you just want to have any IP connect using one particular
authentication method, put something like this as the last line in
your pg_hba.conf:
host    all         all         0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           md5

Keep in mind that *anyone* from *any computer* can try to connect to
your database server.  (i.e. caveat emptor)

If you want to do something different for other subnets or restrict
access to specific users, you should put those lines in *before* that
so that postgres will see them.

Check here for more details:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/client-authentication.html

Peter