Postgres Perl Module and Kerberos problem on Solaris

От Peter Koczan
Тема Postgres Perl Module and Kerberos problem on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I understand that this is probably outside the realm of Postgres itself, so if no one has a really good definite answer, that's fine. Still, I thought I'd fish for information and see if anyone else has run into this problem. I've already made a bug report to the DBD::Pg folks.

The problem is that the Perl Module (DBD::Pg) runs into a broken assert on Solaris (5.8 for anyone wondering). Message:

Assertion failed: (&(&_m->os)->n)->initialized == K5_MUTEX_DEBUG_INITIALIZED, file ../../../krb5- 1.5.1/src/util/support/threads.c, line 388
/local.gazoo/convertdata[4]: 5487 Abort(coredump)

I only get this message on Solaris, not on Linux, and only for perl scripts, not for included programs, like vacuumdb. Even weirder, the assert only seems to happen at the end of the script. All the database actions work fine, and then (probably on a disconnection or a script exit) the assert is broken.

I'm running Postgres 8.2 (the server is running under CentOS 4.4 Linux), DBD::Pg 1.49, and Kerberos5 1.5.1 for anyone who's interested.

In the meantime, I've recompiled the module against postgres libraries linked against old kerberos libraries. It's ugly, but it works.

If anyone has any info or cleaner fixes, it would be greatly appreciated. I do realize that I may be barking up the wrong tree, so if you don't have any info, that's OK too.

Peter