Re: more than 32 parameters to a function?

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: more than 32 parameters to a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ottavio Campana schrieb:
> Erik Jones wrote:
>> Put them in arrays and pass them as the arguments.  But, I would like to
>> know what function could ever need 65 arguments?
>
> Consider that I have to invoke the function from a ZSQL method in zope.
> Do you know if it works?
>
> I need all these arguments because we have a tables where we store items
>  for an e-commerce site. The problem is that these items might have a
> lot of peculiarities and more than 40 fields are boolean to fully
> describe them.

you mean item description? Why would you update them all?
Or what are you doing w/ it?
If its kinda search for products, you wont need more then
about 6 different attributes to choose from the same time.
thats attribute name + desired value = 12 params at best.

Otherwise could you give an example usage of that more then
32 values call?

Regards
Tino