Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Cesar,

Cesar Suga wrote:
> If people (who read the documentation) professionally work with
> PostgreSQL, they may already have been briefed by those commercial
> offerings in some way.
>
> I think only the source and its tightly coupled (read: can compile along
> with, free as PostgreSQL) components should be packaged into the tarball.
>
> However, I find Bruce's unofficial wiki idea a good one for comparisons.

My suggestion is that the docs should mention only the pure existence of
important third-party packages and projects in those places where it
talks about the deficits that are supposedly fixed by those.

E. G. "There are some third-party packages and projects that aim to
provide multi-master replication, you can search for more information at
http://[unofficial wiki page url] or your favourite search engine.

This way, the docs stay neutral, but point the user to possible
solutions of his problem.

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org