Re: Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL?

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Chris Hoover wrote:
> Has anyone ever done a conversion from Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL?  I
> have a
> task to investigate what this would take.
>
> Also, the Sql Anywhere database stores image files in the database as long
> binary types.  What would be the best format to store these in PostgreSQL?

That would be bytea or blob depending on your exact needs.

> Also, while all of my current PG clusters are on RH linux, if this project
> went forward, it would have to run on Windows 2k.  Will the windows version
> of PG run on 2k, and are there any special caviates running on this
> platform?

PostgreSQL 8.0 and above runs on windows and is available in a
pre-configured windows installer package to install like other software.

The main catch is the windows version is somewhat newer and less tested
than the *nix versions. (previous versions on windows where the *nix
source built on top of cygwin)

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com