Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>> We don't.  We produce useful database software, and people use it or
>> they don't.
>>
> Positioning is all about making people consider what you do useful, no?
> What's useful in the eyes of the producer is not always in alignment
> with the general perception of a potential user-base.

100% agreed here :)

>IMO, The
> PostgreSQL core team should be more humble to that fact.
> After all, you do want your product to gain ground right? Why else are you doing this?

Well... I know many developers, develop to develop. They develop
PostgreSQL because they happen to like it, they could give a flying
donkey butt if people use the software.

Luckily most of those developers are being drowned out by the more sane
masses ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake