Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Дата
Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Duncan Garland wrote:
>> How do you position Postgres against MySQL 5.0?
>
> We don't.  We produce useful database software, and people use it or
> they don't.

Positioning is all about making people consider what you do useful, no? What's useful in the
eyes of the producer is not always in alignment with the general perception of a potential
user-base. IMO, The PostgreSQL core team should be more humble to that fact. After all, you
do want your product to gain ground right? Why else are you doing this?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren