Latest /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql startup/shutdown script

От Maurice Yarrow
Тема Latest /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql startup/shutdown script
Дата
Re: Latest /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql startup/shutdown  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@007Marketing.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello Postgres-General users

I currently am upgrading from PostgreSQL 7.3.4-RH to
PostgreSQL 8.1.5.   Everything fine so far:  have
installed 8.1.5 into /usr/local/pgsql, of course, and am
running 8.1.5 on port 5433,
while still running 7.3.4 (in /var/lib/... and /usr/bin/pg...)
Then (also, without issue):
pg_dumpall -p 5432 | psql -d postgres -p 5433
and the data migration went smoothly.

In fact, the only thing I cannot find is a recent copy (for
8.1.5 located in /usr/local/pgsql)  of an init.d startup script
for the postgres, equivalent to the currently running
/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql    (which is about 250 lines
of shell).

Rather than go in and hack it (though, in principle, this
should only involve setting some executable location
env vars),  and since aspects of the various postgres
configuration issues and files may have changed betw.
versions 7 and 8,  I am hoping that there is an equivalent
upgraded init.d/postgresql  startup/shutdown script available
for the postgres 8.1 tree.

Please point me to this, as I could not find it by Googling
around a bit, nor did I see it on the postgres.org site.

Thanks
Maurice Yarrow