Re: tsvector limitations

От Greg Williamson
Тема Re: tsvector limitations
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Tim <elatllat@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>
> Your test (whatever data it is that you used) don't seem typical of
> English text.  The entire PostgreSQL documentation in HTML form,
> when all the html files are concatenated is 11424165 bytes (11MB),
> and the tsvector of that is 364410 (356KB).  I don't suppose you
> know of some publicly available file on the web that I could use to
> reproduce your problem?

Try trolling texts at the Internet Archive (archive.org) -- lots of stuff that
has been rendered into ASCII ... Government documents and the like from all
periods; novels and the like that are no longer under copyright, so lots of long
classics.

<http://www.archive.org/stream/ataleoftwocities00098gut/old/2city12p_djvu.txt>
for example ... 765K

HTH,