Re: Lock partitions

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: Lock partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
>> The number of transaction errors increased when I increased the
>> NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS, which I think is the reason it failed to run when I
>> set it to 16.
>
> Hmm, what sort of errors are we talking about?  I wonder if you've
> exposed a bug.  Changing NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS really shouldn't have any
> semantic effect.

The libpq client (error log:
http://dbt.osdl.org/dbt/dbt2dev/results/dev4-015/180/client/error.log)
is saying things like this:

ERROR:  too many LWLocks taken
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "DELETE FROM new_order
WHERE no_o_id = 2101  AND no_w_id = 349  AND no_d_id = 1"

A grep through that file shows that all the unexpected errors appear to
be due to "too many LWLocks taken".

Mark