Re: Mirror problems for download

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Mirror problems for download
Дата
Re: Mirror problems for download
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paesold wrote:
> Not being subscribed to any more appropriate list, I post this here on
> hackers.
>
> I just wanted to download the postgresql-8.0.9 tarball. The page I got
> was this:
>
> Choose a download mirror
> Downloading: /source/v8.0.9/postgresql-8.0.9.tar.gz
> We could not query the database or no mirrors could be found!
> Download PostgreSQL from the primary site
> Read this if you would like to host a mirror.
>
> Of course the primary FTP site is already unavailable (530 - maximum
> number of users reached).
>
> I get the same error for older releases, too. Can someone look into this?

Your seeing a general overload problem - with new versions just released
everyone is jumping on and downloading at the same time.

Indicates that the popularity of PostgreSQL is at a level where the
current resources are reaching thier limits and more mirror sites may be
needed.

I haven't noticed any torrent files for postgreSQL releases - maybe we
can look into setting this up to share the load, particularly around
release times.

--

Shane Ambler
Postgres@007Marketing.com