Re:  encoding problem

От stevegy
Тема Re:  encoding problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jef,

I use the prototype 1.4 to ajax some web pages. I have to encodeURI the post form data especial the string form value, otherwise the server will receive wrong encoding characters.
If you can not see the query result in correct web page encoding, maybe the page container of this XUL ajax control is not match of your setting of the web page.

regards

Steve Yao

-----原始邮件-----
发件人:"jef peeraer" <jef.peeraer@telenet.be>
发送时间:2006-10-13 17:14:53
收件人:pgsql-general@postgresql.org
抄送:(无)
主题:[GENERAL] encoding problem

i never thought i would be bblocked by an encoding problem :-(
My database is in LATIN1 , i have entries like this in a table called
gemeenten
Column | Type | Modifiers
---------------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------
id | integer | serial....
gemeente | text | not null
postcode | smallint | not null
provincies_id | integer |

This data is copied from a dump from that table

9780 Quévy 7040 7
9781 Quévy-le-Grand 7040 7
9782 Quévy-le-Petit 7040 7

So, the accents are there. But with my web page, which is set to
ISO-8859-1, i don't get the accents.
The web-pages are build with XUL, where i set the charset to ISO-8859-1,
but communication with the server is through XMLHttpRequest.
Do I have to specify the charset as well in the communication between
server and client ? Or where else could it go wrong.

jef peeraer

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

这 些 让 她 幸 福 迭 起 ( 图 )
汗 ! 女 人 穿 这 些 最 迷 人 , 女 友 亲 自 给 演 示 ( 组 图 )

Сообщение: Re: Backup DB not getting connected
Сообщение: Re: Backup DB not getting connected