Re: Backup DB not getting connected

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backup DB not getting connected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"J S B" <jsbali@gmail.com> writes:
> well, newDB is the name of the database and that what I'm tryin to connect.
> I'm tryin to keep it the same case in ECPG code as it is in the Database.
> Do u mean to say that combination of upper and lower case is not allowed?

No, I mean to say that names will get downcased in some situations if
not double-quoted.  I wonder whether your database is *really* named
"newDB" and not "newdb" ... if it is, you probably need double quotes in
your ECPG call, and if it isn't, you probably need to spell it as newdb
not newDB in ECPG.