Re: plpgsql doesn't coerce boolean expressions to boolean

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plpgsql doesn't coerce boolean expressions to boolean
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> How would we "deprecate" it exactly?  Throw a NOTICE?
>>
> Release notes, I guess. A NOTICE would be fine as long as it didn't
> result in a flood of them. If that happened once at parse time that
> should be fine, I think.

It would be relatively difficult to do that; given the way plpgsql is
structured, a runtime message would be a lot easier.

> What's the practice in deprecating other "features"?

We generally don't ;-).  Certainly 7.4 contains bigger incompatible
changes than this one, and so have most of our prior releases.