Re: invalid data in PID file

От Madison Kelly
Тема Re: invalid data in PID file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> "J S B" <jsbali@gmail.com> writes:
>> FATAL:  could not open lock file "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission
>> denied
>
>> Can you please tell me what is this all about?
>
> It looks to me like you have, or had, another postmaster running under a
> different userid.  Perhaps you should back up to the beginning and tell
> us what you've been doing with this installation.
>
>             regards, tom lane

IIRC, I had that happen on a botched upgrade of postgres. Even if I did
a reinstall it wasn't enough. Under Debian I had to try upgrading again,
then do a "complete uninstall" (or something similar), then a fresh
reinstall and it finally worked again. It happened a couple of times and
I never figured out why. Hasn't happened lately though.

Madi