Re: Unsubscribe

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:00:45 -0700
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> So if you want to shut me up, lets get the footer added.
>
> Of course, that doesn't fix the problem 100%.  I am on lists that do
> show that info in the footer and people still send unsubscribe messages
> to the list.

Sure, but what is more helpful? A reply that snips everything but the
footer that has those instructions or a replay that shows email headers
that look basically like some weird code to users?

> By the way, mailman has a nice feature that sends messages that look
> like admin requests (such as unsubscribe) to the admin.  That cuts down
> on the noise quite a bit.

Well you don't have to convince me to use mailman ;)... but the *ahem*
list administrators of this project would rather have their toenails
removed with a dull spoon.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/