Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> we are not picking up libedit(which should be in the base installation
> there) on FreeBSD even with --with-libedit-preferred
> config.log available at:
> http://www.kaltenbrunner.cc/files/config.log

AFAICT, there may be something there called libedit, but it does not
provide readline() emulation:

configure:6270: checking for -ledit
configure:6297: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wendif-labels-fno-strict-aliasing     conftest.c -ledit -lcrypt -lm  >&5

/var/tmp//ccyPVmOO.o(.text+0x7): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `readline'
configure:6303: $? = 1

There are a lot of different flavors of libedit out there, and not all
of them include readline emulation.  So I don't think this is a bug.

Сообщение: Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux
Сообщение: Re: -HEAD configure issue with libedit on linux