Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl

От Andreas Rieke
Тема Re: memory issues when running with mod_perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Fred,

> What is your kernel version?

It's 2.6.13-15. Thus, if we have a kernel bug, the newest known leaky
version is 2.6.13-15, whereas the oldest fixed version should be 2.6.16.27.

As many people run pg on older kernel versions, I would expect many
others having memory problems in that case.

However, we are going to a dead end. Although I am very sure that I can
stop the postmaster without getting the 10 M shmem back, my real problem
is worse, because I loose up to 800 M in a continuous way within 14
days. Tom Lane raised the question whether there is more than one bug.

Any ideas?

Andreas