Re: On future conferences

От mdean
Тема Re: On future conferences
Дата
Re: On future conferences  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: On future conferences  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
Re: On future conferences  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: On future conferences  (Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andy Astor wrote:
>
>> ...and EnterpriseDB.
>>

> What isn't clear is whether EnterpriseDB offers straight PostgreSQL
> training, rather than EnterpriseDB product training.

I see only expensive courses in North Carolina, Ottawa, and Swizerland.
The Enterprisedb site does not mention training.  Postgresql vendors
need to adopt the SAS model and offer lower priced courses in many more
cities, such as in San Francisco, Oakland, Des Moines, etc.  or let
users kill two birds with one stone and take courses AND certification
at major conferences, like linux is doing with Linuxworld.  We all know
the Pervasive model for "support" does not work, I would question how
popular these training courses are either.  Personally  my company would
not pay 3-5 grand plus travel costs for one week courses.  So like the
conferences, the courses relate only to elitest elements, and offer
nothing for the masses, which are good reasons why postgresql is NOT
used by the masses.  After over a full year in reviewing the operations
of the postgresql community, I sense a strong elitest mentality and an
unwillingness to define and take care of customers.  A formula for failure.