Re: autovacuum ignore tables

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: autovacuum ignore tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sriram Dandapani wrote:
> The only issue I have with autovacuum is the fact that I have to briefly
> stop/restart postgres every couple of days, which kills autovacuum and
> it has no memory of previous work done. I work with several databases
> with partitioned tables having high daily volume. Dropping partitioned
> tables locks out jdbc inserts and the drop command itself goes into a
> WAIT state. Hence, I have to stop postgres,update pg_hba.conf to prevent
> access,restart postgres,drop tables and update pg_hba to allow
> access(Crazy, but I have no choice because Postgres deadlocks on drop
> child tables while inserts happen on the parent)

Sounds like a fairly serious problem, but I'll let someone else talk to
that.  As for the autovac issue, as of 8.1 and autovac being integrated
into core, this isn't true.  It does remember where it was, at least as
long as you don't have the GUC var reset_stats_on_restart (something
like that) set.

Matt