Re: pg_dump weirdness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"MichaelDBA@sqlexec.com" <michaeldba@sqlexec.com> writes:
> You cannot use a newer version of pgdump to export and then insert it into an older version of PostgreSQL if I am
understandingyou correctly.

Well, you can try.  You might get errors from DDL syntax the older server
doesn't understand, but usually that won't happen if the dump is taken
from a server of that vintage or older.  We don't promise anything, but
I'd expect it to usually work.

I'm a little suspicious of the OP's claim that there were only warnings
and not errors while trying to restore the dump -- an error would go a
long way towards explaining the report.  In any case, we'd need to see
all those warnings to have much chance of diagnosing this.