Re: High CPU Load

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: High CPU Load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Jerome,

Jérôme BENOIS wrote:

> Now i Have 335 concurrent connections, i decreased work_mem parameter to
> 32768 and disabled Hyper Threading in BIOS. But my CPU load is still
> very important.

What are your settings for commit_siblings and commit_delay?

> Tomorrow morning i plan to add 2Giga RAM ... But I don't understand why
> my database server worked good with previous version of postgres and
> same queries ...

I don't think any more that it's the RAM, as you told you don't go into
swap. It has to be something else.

Could you try logging which are the problematic queries, maybe they have
bad plans for whatever reason.

> I used already database pool on my application and when i decrease
> number of connection my application is more slow ;-(

Could you just make sure that the pool really uses persistent
connections, and is not broken or misconfigured, always reconnect?

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org