Re: High CPU Load

От Jérôme BENOIS
Тема Re: High CPU Load
Список pgsql-performance
Markus,

Le mardi 19 septembre 2006 à 11:53 +0200, Markus Schaber a écrit :
> Hi, Jerome,
>
> Jérôme BENOIS wrote:
>
> > Now i Have 335 concurrent connections, i decreased work_mem parameter to
> > 32768 and disabled Hyper Threading in BIOS. But my CPU load is still
> > very important.
>
> What are your settings for commit_siblings and commit_delay?
It default :

#commit_delay = 01   # range 0-100000, inmicroseconds
#commit_siblings = 5 # range 1-1000

> > Tomorrow morning i plan to add 2Giga RAM ... But I don't understand why
> > my database server worked good with previous version of postgres and
> > same queries ...
>
> I don't think any more that it's the RAM, as you told you don't go into
> swap. It has to be something else.
Yes, i agree with you.

> Could you try logging which are the problematic queries, maybe they have
> bad plans for whatever reason.
>
> > I used already database pool on my application and when i decrease
> > number of connection my application is more slow ;-(
>
> Could you just make sure that the pool really uses persistent
> connections, and is not broken or misconfigured, always reconnect?
Yes it's persistent.

I plan to return to previous version : 7.4.6 in and i will reinstall all
in a dedicated server in order to reproduce and solve the problem.

Jérôme.

--
Jérôme,

p in 'sioneb@gnireenigne-aigra.rf'.split('@')])"