Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Why does the Funds Group need a separate CMS?
>>>
>> Several reasons:
>>
>> 1. Storing of private donation records for reference between
>> officer to officer
>
> How is this a feature of a CMS? That sounds more like the feature of a
> database.. (hey, we have one of those!)

Going to ignore this.

>> 2. Storing of publicized project ideas and plans
>
> That's kind of what www does good now, no?

No, it doesn't. The funds group CMS is meant to be more of an intranet.

>> 3. Dealing with web votes
>
> I don't see how that's a specific CMS feature either. BTW, we do have a
> working survey system on the website now, which does pretty much that.
> It's not really use dbecause nobody posts new surveys, but it works.

Votes are private and must be authenticated. The funds groups already
has code for this.

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: "Notice" messages in techdocs web page