Re: Upgrading cluster with thousands of DBs

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Upgrading cluster with thousands of DBs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 Hi,

 On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:45:33 +0100, Alejandro Martínez <zen@itram.es>
 wrote:
> However, our clusters have the particularity that they get to host
> many different *databases*, as in, ~2000 databases per cluster. Most
> of those databases are small (only a table and PostGIS functions), so
> it's more a problem of the number of DBs than the space they use. The
> total size of the cluster is around 60gb.

 If this is your case, I'd suggest an "old-school" approach and migrate
 one database at a time on a new server with Postgres 9.3.

 Cheers,
 Gabriele
--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia