Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.1

От Naomi Walker
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you!  Yes, there was a bogus user with a name ^c, which we dropped.

Tom Lane wrote:
>> What are the exact options?  I tried to reproduce it here, using a 8.1
>> and 8.2 pg_dumpall, and a 7.4 server, and couldn't.
>
>>> CREATE ROLE "";
>>> ALTER ROLE "" WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN;
>
>> This is weird anyway -- do you really have a role named "" (empty
>> string)?
>
> It's not "empty string", it's '\003' as shown by the failure:
>
> query was: SELECT useconfig[1] FROM pg_shadow WHERE usename = E'\003'
>
> The problem is evidently that appendStringLiteral tries to use E syntax
> in an inappropriate context, ie, while talking to a server that doesn't
> understand it.  This is fixed in HEAD (by using appendStringLiteralConn)
> but I'm not sure if there is any very good way to fix it in the back
> branches.
>
> In the short term, Naomi's best workaround is surely to drop or rename
> that user ... it hardly seems likely that the name is anything but a
> typo.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.              nwalker@eldocomp.com 602-604-3100
Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at
work worth doing.   - Theodore Roosevelt

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by
theindividual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exemptfrom disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has
beenforwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in
anymanner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this
mailfrom your records.