pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist

От RW
Тема pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with pg_dump. After dropping a database (DROP DATABASE ...)
I've created the database again (CREATE DATABASE ...) and restored a
dump which
we create every night. No problem so far and import was no problem and
without errors.

But now it isn't possible to make a backup because of the following error:

pg_dump: schema with OID 16396 does not exist

Postgres version is 8.1.4 and OS is Redhet ES 4 U3. I've already had the
same problem
on a completely different database (Version 8.1.3) on a different host
same szenario. But in
this case I've had the possibility to drop the entire cluster, started a
initdb and do the restore.
Problem solved. This is not possible with this cluster so I need a real
solution for the problem.

When I look at pg_namespace

mps_dev=# select * from pg_namespace ;
      nspname       | nspowner |                        nspacl
--------------------+----------+-------------------------------------------------------
 pg_toast           |       10 |
 pg_temp_1          |       10 |
 pg_catalog         |       10 | {postgres=UC/postgres,=U/postgres}
 information_schema |       10 | {postgres=UC/postgres,=U/postgres}
 as_mps_d_p         |    16387 |
 cms_mps_d_p        |    16389 |
{cms_mps_d_p=UC/cms_mps_d_p,as_mps_d_p=U/cms_mps_d_p}
 public             |       10 | {postgres=UC/postgres,=UC/postgres}
(7 rows)

there is no nspacl for schema as_mps_d_p. Seems strange to me.

Thanks for any hint.
- Robert