Re: BUG #2594: Gin Indexes cause server to crash on Windows

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: BUG #2594: Gin Indexes cause server to crash on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> For the sake of completeness/reference: The backport for 8.1
> (http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/gin_tsearch2_81.gz)
> doesn't seem to have this bug, at least on a linux x86_64 machine I can
> create empty gin indexes with no problem.

It hasn't, because 8.2 already goes forward: there is a corner case when
documents has a lot of unique words (millions) and index creation time becomes
very long. 8.2 will create index much faster in this case.

> And the performance is sweeeet! Thanks Oleg & Teodor!

:)

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/