Re: Replication

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

AgentM wrote:
> I would imagine that multi-master synchronous replication would be
> fairly trivial to implement with 2PC and wal-shipping available, no?

Yes, that could be done. And AFAIK eigter pgpool or PgCluster (1) try to
do sync, multi-master replication that way.

The problem is that such an implementation is very network intensive and
scales very badly for writing transactions. If you're interested in a
good sync, multi-master replication algorithm, you might want to have a
look at what Slony-II [1] or Postgres-R [2] try to do. I also recommend
reading "Don't be lazy, be consistent" of Bettina Kemme [3].

Regards

Markus

[1]: http://www.slony2.org/wiki/index.php?title=Documentation
[2]: http://www.postgres-r.org/