Re: 8.2 features status

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am keeping URLs in the TODO list.  Why don't people submit
> improvements to the TODO list, rather than adding more complexity by
> making a separate wiki for every TODO item?  If no one updates the TODO
> item, what makes you think they are going to do somethin in a wiki?

You can update a wiki instantly. Unless you are a committer, updating
the TODO list involves sending in a patch.

It should be added that the idea that the TODO list has much authority
has been decried in the past.

> I think the big conclusion we made long ago is that We are never going
> to have enough detail anywhere that someone is going to be able to work
> on an item without asking the community.

Wikis take a tiny bit of getting used to. But they are extremely useful
- they can be used like a kind of online notebook. I find it much easier
to make progress notes, reminders, etc in a wiki than in a notebook that
I forget to take with me half the time. And they are thus also a great
place to record progress.

Until you have used this, it seems strange. After you start it doesn't ;-)

cheers

andrew