Re: 8.2 features status

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> Fine, I am all ears.  Also, a lot of people are thinking usability
>>> improvements aren't a big item, but they are.  I had a press person ask
>>> during the 8.0 release, "You have a lot of large features in 8.0, but
>>> what is there for the ordinary database user?".  At that time all we had
>>> was COPY CSV.  This release will have a lot of those usability
>>> improvements.
>> I don't disagree with your thought process and I full agree :). I am
>> just saying we should spice it up a bit :)
>>
>> Hmmmm....
>>
>> PostgreSQL has showed an unprecedented commitment to all skill levels of
>> database developers. With the release of 8.2 the group has focused on
>> refinement and usability. Features such as ... add to the already
>> impressive list of enterprise class features such as ...
>
> Sounds very good, and that was my goal, that we get a "focus" idea for
> the release, I think that is it.  As I remember, 8.0 was enterprise
> features, and 8.1 was performance.

Quick reword:

With the release of 8.2, PostgreSQL has shown an unprecedented
commitment to all skill levels of database developers. The 8.2 version
of PostgreSQL has focused on refinement and usability with features such
as ...  Adding to the already impressive list of enterprise class
features such as ...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/