Need to upgrade postgres 7.4 to 8.1

От Karen Springer
Тема Need to upgrade postgres 7.4 to 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had the same problem last week.  iconv cleaned up my dump file, but
removed characters I actually wanted (degree & micro symbols).  I tried
changing the encoding to Latin1 in my pg_dumpall file.  This did seem to
help some, though there was still a problem with some of the characters.
  I finally ended up fixing the data.  In our case I think the invalid
characters were created when we did transfers from Cadstar into Access &
then into Postgres.  The characters were not true degree & micro UTF-8
characters, but junk that still looked ok in Access & Postgres 7.4.

Karen