Re: Using FETCH ALL with descriptor areas

От andy rost
Тема Re: Using FETCH ALL with descriptor areas
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Worked like a charm. And its fast. Thanks Joachim

Joachim Wieland wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 03:35:06PM -0500, andy rost wrote:
>
>>Is it possible, in ECPG, to use FETCH ALL with descriptor areas? If so,
>>can anyone provide a simple example. If not, does anyone have a get
>>around. We've found FETCH NEXT to be pretty expensive when selecting
>>even a modest number of tuples.
>

> I don't know if it is what you're looking for nor if it is faster at all but
> I attach an example with descriptors and auto-allocation.
>

> Joachim

> #include <stdio.h>
> exec sql include sqlca;
> #include <stdlib.h>
> exec sql include ../regression;
>
> int main(void)
> {
>    exec sql begin declare section;
>    int *ip1=0;
>    char **cp2=0;
>    int *ipointer1=0;
>    int *ipointer2=0;
>    int colnum;
>    exec sql end declare section;
>    int i;
>
>    ECPGdebug(1, stderr);
>
>    exec sql whenever sqlerror do sqlprint();
>    exec sql connect to REGRESSDB1;
>
>    exec sql create table test (a int, b text);
>    exec sql insert into test values (1, 'one');
>    exec sql insert into test values (2, 'two');
>    exec sql insert into test values (NULL, 'three');
>    exec sql insert into test values (4, 'four');
>    exec sql insert into test values (5, NULL);
>    exec sql insert into test values (NULL, NULL);
>
>    exec sql allocate descriptor mydesc;
>    exec sql select * into descriptor mydesc from test;
>    exec sql get descriptor mydesc :colnum=COUNT;
>    exec sql get descriptor mydesc value 1 :ip1=DATA, :ipointer1=INDICATOR;
>    exec sql get descriptor mydesc value 2 :cp2=DATA, :ipointer2=INDICATOR;
>
>    printf("Result (%d columns):\n", colnum);
>    for (i=0;i < sqlca.sqlerrd[2];++i)
>    {
>       if (ipointer1[i]) printf("NULL, ");
>       else printf("%d, ",ip1[i]);
>
>       if (ipointer2[i]) printf("NULL, ");
>       else printf("'%s', ",cp2[i]);
>       printf("\n");
>    }
>    ECPGfree_auto_mem();
>    printf("\n");
>
>    exec sql deallocate descriptor mydesc;
>    exec sql rollback;
>    exec sql disconnect;
>    return 0;
> }

Andrew Rost
National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC)
National Weather Service, NOAA
1735 Lake Dr. West, Chanhassen, MN 55317-8582
Voice: (952)361-6610 x 234
Fax: (952)361-6634
andy.rost@noaa.gov
http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov