Re: Performance of the listen command

От Flemming Frandsen
Тема Re: Performance of the listen command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Also, based on a 60ms-per-listen time I suspect you're not doing
> the listens in a transaction, so each listen is its own transaction
> that has to be committed, resulting in a disk hit.  Try doing them
> all in one transaction.

I think I am doing the listens in a transaction, as I connect via DBI
with AutoCommit=>0, unless there is some bug that causes the listens to
not start a new transaction when using DBI.

I also see a problem with the first query I run in a transaction, it
takes a very long time, even if it's simply a "select 6*7", I'm guessing
this is because a new transaction is started, is there any way to
improve performance of that?

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
 > Do you regularly vacuum the pg_listener table?

No, but this is on a system that has been running for a couple of days.

--
  Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk - YAPH