Re: jabber.postgresql.org

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: jabber.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> That is kind of exactly the point. I have no desire to be on a public
>> jabber server
>
> Why not?

Just my preference.

> And what kind of access controls to do plan to set up to effectively
> prevent this one from becoming public?

There is a number that *could* be used.

1. Don't allow user discovery, so even if you register, someone would
have to invite you (or vice versa)

2. Don't allow public registration

3. Only allow registration based on mailing list membership

My initial thought was just that the more active members of the project
would use it. For example the web team, the fundraising team etc...

Hackers might want to use the muc portion to have closed room
conversation about patches or problems they are trying to overcome etc...

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/