Re: Simple webuser setup

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Simple webuser setup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17 Jul 2006 at 6:08, msiner@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a db named archive, a schema named library, and a table named
> book.  I have granted USAGE on library to webuser and SELECT on book
> to webuser.  When I try to do a select I get an error saying
> "permission denied for schema library".  I have tried every combination

How are you accessing the DB from your web app? What
language/envoronment are you using?

Are you sure that the username/password combination is being passed
along to the DB? - have you tried connecting directly to the DB using
psql, logging in as webuser, and running queries against the DB?

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie