Re: Simple webuser setup

От msiner@gmail.com
Тема Re: Simple webuser setup
Дата
Re: Simple webuser setup
Список pgsql-general
I have a db named archive, a schema named library, and a table named
book.  I have granted USAGE on library to webuser and SELECT on book to
webuser.  When I try to do a select I get an error saying "permission
denied for schema library".  I have tried every combination I can think
of, but none seem to work.  My real question is just what should I do
to get this effect for the above?  What permissions do I need for the
db, schema, and table? I have a user named "webuser" belonging to a
group named "webgroup" and I am granting the above privileges to
webgroup.

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> msiner@gmail.com wrote:
> > There must be something simple that I am missing, but here is my
> > problem.  I am setting up a standard pg install as a backend to a small
> > webapp.  I want to create a user "webuser" with only enough privileges
> > to query all of the tables in my database.  It has not been working for
> > me.  What is the simplest way to do this?  Do I need to start at the
>
> what does "is not working for me" mean in detail?
>
> > top and then work down (db->schema->table) or is there any cascading
> > effect?  I am still pretty new to web development, so is there a
> > better/easier way to achieve the same effect?
>
> There is no cascading effect when it comes to permission but if you
> dont have permission for a schema you cant access the objects in it :-)
>
> Maybe you can use your schema script and edit it semi-automatically.
>
> Regards
> Tino

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: permission to create user
Сообщение: Re: permission to create user