Re: PostgreSQL Server Crash using plPHP or PL/Perl

От Carl M. Nasal II
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Server Crash using plPHP or PL/Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I apologize for not including the server information in the last e-mail.  I
knew I would forget something.  :)

PostgreSQL 8.1.4 (compiled from source)
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
1GB RAM

We have not be able to test the triggers anywhere else that has any load on
it.  If we run it on a test set of data, it works fine because it is not
being hit by that many users.  However, if we disable the triggers,
everything on the live server appears to work fine and PostgreSQL never dies.

Also, we are using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver from a Windows application we
have developed.  It seems that if the user tries to access the server while
it restarts after this error, they get an error.  However, if the user is
not doing anything when the server restarts and then tries to access data
later, it appears to automatically do the reconnect and everything is fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thank you,
Carl M. Nasal II
BMA Enterprises, Inc.