Re: More nuclear options

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: More nuclear options
Дата
Re: More nuclear options  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: More nuclear options  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> No need to fly off the handle there Josh.

I was hoping that you'd take me up on it in a rash moment.

> No code, or no active code development?

No code was the rule we discussed.  Other stuff would be a matter for
discussion.  The idea was that pgfoundry was supposed to be confined to
real projects and not a repository of failed ideas.

Seems there is an important
> difference that plays in here...   looking a m-SQL it has code and could be a
> starting point for someone who was looking for that.

So are you telling me you want to be responsible for it?
  I'll grant that tips
> doesn't look like much more than an article stub... it should probably be
> moved to the new techdocs rather than pgfoundry.

That was what I started to do.  Unfortunately, the README is
instrucitons for some SQL and code files which are missing.   I don't
see any value in Techdocs for instructions that can't be followed.

> Perhaps no one knew they needed to speak up... perhaps people couldn't even
> find them in contrib... how many people still ask if we have full text
> indexing? contrib isn't exactly the most visible place...
>
> All I am saying is that it couldn't hurt to put the information out there...
> we're not hurting for disk space and none of this stuff appears inherently
> wrong, just outdated, but it might still prove useful for some people.

Again, it's the same question.  If *you* want to be the maintainer, I'll
put it on pgfoundry.  Otherwise, you're asking me to be responsible for
the code because you don't want to throw it away.

--Josh Berkus