Re: More nuclear options

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: More nuclear options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 11 July 2006 15:53, Josh Berkus wrote:
>    I'll grant that tips
> > doesn't look like much more than an article stub... it should probably be
> > moved to the new techdocs rather than pgfoundry.
>
> That was what I started to do.  Unfortunately, the README is
> instrucitons for some SQL and code files which are missing.   I don't
> see any value in Techdocs for instructions that can't be followed.

The information for the sql / code is embedded within the readme. It probably
should be broken out into multiple files.  That might make it project worthy
rather than article worthy.

> > Perhaps no one knew they needed to speak up... perhaps people couldn't
> > even find them in contrib... how many people still ask if we have full
> > text indexing? contrib isn't exactly the most visible place...
> >
> > All I am saying is that it couldn't hurt to put the information out
> > there... we're not hurting for disk space and none of this stuff appears
> > inherently wrong, just outdated, but it might still prove useful for some
> > people.
>
> Again, it's the same question.  If *you* want to be the maintainer, I'll
> put it on pgfoundry.  Otherwise, you're asking me to be responsible for
> the code because you don't want to throw it away.

I really don't see how this will actually cause you any extra effort, but if
you want to plug my name on there after you move it, that's fine with me.

--
Robert Treat